Saturday, December 16, 2006

 

Vertical Stab.

Setting up the empenage has proved quite challenging. The issues have been to ensure clearance between the leading edge of the fin and the top of the fuselage.
I cant see why I have this problem since I have remeasured everything and all seems to be correct. Perhaps everyone runs into this issue.
As you can see I have put some gaffer tape there to resist abraision while I work.

Preserving the necessary edge distances on all the bolts has also been demanding, but we are getting there. The next job is to make the dreaded bend in the top of the HS-410. I think this will need a shim as discussed in the build book.

Despite these difficulties it all appears to be square to within o.1 degree so I guess I should be happy!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?