Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

Ray Allen Trim Servo


It is time to install the Ray Allen Trim Servo into the empennage.

The last time I did this, when I built an RV9A, I got in a real tangle as to how to get the motor unit in and out of the hole it fits in.









This time I cut a strategic part of the support bracket away. You can just see it in the second picture. It is about half way between the bottom of the servo and the base plate. This small modification, together with a chamfering of the diagonally opposite corner beside the bolthead, made entry and exit easy. It seems obvious to me this time, but it was not the last time I did it!












In the third picture, you can just see the hole in the spar where the servo arm goes when it moves forward. (You can also see a boo boo! Don't ask.)










And here is the trim tab. Not sure about my bend in the hinge pin. Might re do it

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?